4R100 Category 5 750+ HP Transmission Rebuild Kit w/Converter For Ford Power Stroke - Core Included In Price SC-4R100SC-5
Part Number: SC-4R100SC-5
**Core Charge Included In Price**
KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Alto High Performance Clutch Kit
- Alto High Performance Steel Module
- Overhaul Kit
- New Filter
- New Bushing Kit
- New Front Pump Bushing
- Transgo Tugger Kit
- New Solenoid Pack
- New Heavy Duty 45 Element Sprag
- New High Performance Carbon Fiber Intermediate Band
- Billet Aeromet Input Shaft
- Billet Forward Clutch Drum
- Larger Billet Intermediate Shaft
- Billet Overdrive Planet
- Billet Output Shaft
- Dual Load Center Support
- SunCoast Triple-Disc Billet Torque Converter w/Billet Stator
The Category 5
The SunCoast Full Billet Competition Category 5 4R100 transmission rebuild kit has everything listed in our Category 4 4R100 transmission rebuild kit with the addition of our Larger Billet intermediate shaft, Billet output shaft, Aeromet billet input shaft, and a billet over drive planet. The dual load center support is removed from this kit as the larger intermediate shaft requires a different support piece.
The 4R Platform
The 4R100 transmission replaced the E40D transmission for the 1999 year model and was mated to the 7.3L Power Stroke diesel through the 2003 model year Ford trucks. The 4R100 proved to be a fairly reliable transmission in stock performance levels, however once power adders are introduced the transmission, becomes the weak link in the drivetrain.
This electronically controlled overdriven unit boast a first gear ratio of 2.71:1 and a second of 1.54:1, which makes it great for towing and hauling with an .71, overdrive fuel economy is also improved.
The Clutch Kit
This new 4R100 rebuild kit includes Alto Red Eagle clutches along with Kolene steels.
Red Eagle Friction is the go-to material for most performance applications. The lining has a unique dual-saturation, which imparts high friction coefficients and high heat resistance. Red Eagle clutches are designed to limit the amount of "slip" by providing a shorter lock-up time, generating less heat.
The proprietary process starts with the friction paper saturated in a phenolic resin, cured, and then saturated a second time in a silicate. The silicate imparts high heat resistance.
Red Eagle clutches:
- Are designed with a softer, more resilient base paper.
- Assure less wear against opposing steel plates.
- Reduce the incidence of steel plates burning and warping.
The Intermediate Sprag
The factory sprag in the 4R100 transmission unit is notorious for failing when exposed to high levels of fatigue. This could include vehicles exposed to heavy towing or hauling or just higher-than-normal torsional fatigue. These factory sprags are typically 24- or 34-element sprags. In all SunCoast builds, these are replaced with heavy duty 45 element sprags. This is an increase of up to 53% over the factory, offering unmatched performance and ensuring that premature failure does not occur.
Transgo Valve Body Calibration Kit
The valve body is the central nervous system of your transmission. Everything that transpires within the unit begins here. In our SunCoast builds, we exclusively use the TransGo HD2 Tugger Kit. This valve body calibration kit is perfect for exhaust braking and doubles the low clutch holding pressure in manual first gear for reliable downhill braking. You also have the ability to adjust shift firmness to your desired preferences. With the improved converter feed capacity, you benefit with better cooling and lubrication.
- Codes 628, P1740, P1744
- Soft shifts
- 2nd and 3rd burn-up
- Converter burn-up
- Reverse delay
- No reverse hot
- Converter slide/shudder
- Pump buzz
- Pressure regulator boost valve
- 1-2 shift valve spring
- Line regulator valve
- Innovative line-to-lube components
- High temp direct clutch seal
- Coast clutch HD snap ring
- OD housing spiral lock snap ring
- Updated direct clutch outer seal
- Calibration plate for firmness adjustments
- Quick-fill valve
- L/R mod boost valve
New Solenoid Pack
The 4R100 is equipped with a solenoid pack that controls shifting from gear to gear. This solenoid pack is comprised of electromagnetic solenoids. The integrity of these solenoids is imperative, as the flow rate and spray pattern could affect shift quality and clutch life. When failure occurs within the unit, it is not uncommon that the same particles and sediments you find in the bottom of the pan are also in the solenoids. This contamination of the solenoids can and will affect the fluid delivery to critical circuits within the unit.
In this SunCoast 4R100 rebuild, kit we replace the solenoid pack with a new one to ensure consistent shifts and long clutch life.
New Bushing Kit
As with any standard rebuild, this 4R100 rebuild kit also includes a new bushing kit, which also includes a new front pump bushing.
This SunCoast Category 4R100 Rebuild Kit also includes a new carbon fiber band. This band is used in manual second gear and during downshift engine braking. The carbon fiber material in this band is made to withstand a much higher heat range versus the factory material.
Upgraded Aeromet Input Shaft
The input shaft on the 4R platform has always been the first weak link to bear its head once additional horsepower is applied. In this Category kit we upgrade the input shaft to Aeromet 100 alloy. The Aeromet material resist torsional fatigue much better than other materials commonly used.
The Forward Drum Upgrade
The Ford 4R100 forward drum has been a sore spot for many 4R100 owners for quite a few years. These issues date back to the earlier C-6 and E40D platforms with repeated spline failures and snap ring blow outs. In this SunCoast Category 4R100 Transmission Rebuild Kit the factory forward drum is replaced with a new billet one. The 4R100 billet forward drum is manufactured from 4140 heat treated stress relieved billet steel. This new drum corrects and eliminates the common issues with spline failure and snap ring blow outs.
Upgraded Larger Billet Intermediate Shaft
The Intermediate shaft, also called the center shaft, is the second weakest hard part within the 4R100 Transmission next to the input shaft. In this Category 4R100 transmission rebuild kit, we upgrade this shaft to much larger billet one.
This new much larger billet intermediate shaft is manufactured from 4140 HTSR billet steel and incorporates a dual bushing support system for increased stability over the OE design. This is the largest intermediate shaft available on the market today. This shaft bolt over a 20% increase in overall diameter. The forward drum comes with both cast and teflon sealing rings.
Billet Overdrive Planetary Housing
In high horsepower applications it is not uncommon to see the overdrive planet housing break, this is especially true during instances of rapid loading and unloading of the suspension. In this Suncoast 4R100 Category rebuild kit we replace the factory planetary assembly with a billet overdrive planetary housing to prevent failure. Pinion staking pins are supplied, no welding required.
Billet Output Shaft
The factory output shaft is the last weak link in the 4R100 transmission when building a high performance unit. These shafts are mostly prone to torsional fatigue breaks but it is not uncommon to see higher horsepower units cause sheer breakage. To alleviate this issue Suncoast replaces it with a billet output shaft manufactured from 300M material for unmatched strength and performance.
The Torque Converter
This SunCoast Torque Converter fits all 4R100 transmissions and is engineered to handle all of your everyday duties. Whether you're towing a camper or hauling dirt to a job site, this torque converter is designed to improve vehicle response and give you years of solid, reliable performance. It comes with furnace-brazed fins and hardened turbine splines. The clutches in this converter are carbon-graphitic for precise and accurate lock-up.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 3-YEAR, UNLIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY
- Billet Stator Of Your Choice
- Billet Lockup Apply Piston
- CNC-Machined Billet Steel Cover
- Balloon Plate
- 4140 Turbine Splines
- 4140 Hardened Hub
- 3 Carbon-Graphitic Clutch Discs
- Furnaced-Brazed Fins
- Torrington Thrust Bearing Stator Design
- Pressurized Hot Soak Leak Testing
- Computer-Balanced to Within .01 Gram
- Precision-Assembled by Caring American Workers
- 2003 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2003 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2003 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 2003 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2003 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2003 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 2003 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2003 Ford F Super Duty
- 2003 Ford F-250
- 2003 Ford F-250 HD
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2003 Ford F-350
- 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2003 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2002 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2002 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2002 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 2002 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2002 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2002 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 2002 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2002 Ford F Super Duty
- 2002 Ford F-250
- 2002 Ford F-250 HD
- 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2002 Ford F-350
- 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2002 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2001 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2001 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2001 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 2001 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2001 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2001 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 2001 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2001 Ford F Super Duty
- 2001 Ford F-250
- 2001 Ford F-250 HD
- 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2001 Ford F-350
- 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2001 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2000 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2000 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2000 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 2000 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2000 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 2000 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2000 Ford F Super Duty
- 2000 Ford F-250
- 2000 Ford F-250 HD
- 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2000 Ford F-350
- 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2000 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 1999 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 1999 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 1999 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 1999 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 1999 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 1999 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 1999 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 1999 Ford F Super Duty
- 1999 Ford F-250
- 1999 Ford F-250 HD
- 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 1999 Ford F-350
- 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 1999 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 1998 Ford E-250 Econoline Club Wagon
- 1998 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 1998 Ford E-350 Econoline
- 1998 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon
- 1998 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 1998 Ford E-450 Econoline Super Duty
- 1998 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 1998 Ford F Super Duty
- 1998 Ford F-250
- 1998 Ford F-250 HD
- 1998 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 1998 Ford F-350
- 1998 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 1998 Ford F-450 Super Duty