5R110 Category 1 450 HP Transmission Rebuild Kit w/ Converter For Ford Power Stroke - Core Included In Price SC-5R110SC-1
Part Number: SC-5R110SC-1
**Core Charge Included In Price**
SUN COAST 450 HP CATEGORY 1 5R110 REBUILD KIT W/ BILLET VASCOMAX INPUT SHAFT, NO WALK CENTER SUPPORT AND SUNCOAST DIRECT POWERPACK
Kit includes the following:
- SunCoast Low/Reverse Clutch Pack with 5 Clutches & 5 Kolene Steels
- SunCoast Overdrive Clutch Pack with 5 Clutches & 5 Kolene Steels
- SunCoast Overdrive Piston
- SunCoast Overdrive Pressure Plate
- SunCoast Intermediate Clutch Pack with 5 Clutches & 5 Kolene Steels
- SunCoast Intermediate Pressure Plate
- SunCoast Forward Clutch Pack with 5 Frictions & 5 Steels
- SunCoast Forward Pressure Plate
- SunCoast Wide Load Direct Clutch Pack with 5 Frictions & 5 Steels
- SunCoast Direct Pressure Plate
- SunCoast Direct Piston
- SunCoast Direct Snap Ring
- SunCoast No Walk Center Support
- SunCoast Overhaul Kit
- SunCoast Valve Body Calibration Kit
- Billet Vascomax Input Shaft
Tales from the 5R110
The Torqshift 5-speed 5R110 transmission replaces the old faithful 4-speed 4R100 in the 2003 model year with the introduction of the new 6.0L diesel engine. The Torqshift design, in fact, has a total of six forward gears ratios, however only 5 are advertised. The "hidden gear" is only used in very cold weather. The 5 forward ratios are: 3.11, 2.22, 1.55, 1.00, and finally overdrive is .71. The Torqshift also utilizes an optional 4th gear, which is 1.10, that is used in cold start conditions to aid in engine and transmission warm up.
With the Torqshift, once the Tow / Haul mode is activated, it can help increase driver control when towing large loads up and down steep grades. It will also minimize shifts and maximize the available torque. Upon descent, the tow/haul feature utilizes engine braking to help extend the life of the transmission and improves driver control.
The Torqshift was also Ford's first attempt at adaptive control. The adaptive control shift function monitors the performance over its lifetime and adjusts shift times in real time to assure consistency and to compensate for wear. The Torqshift was also used with the 6.4L as well. This transmission was later replaced with the much larger and more robust 6R140 when the 6.7L Powerstroke was released by Ford.
Walking Away from the Center Support. . .
The center support on a transmission is a critical component that could make the difference between success or failure. The center support acts as a stabilizer, just as our lower back and abdominal muscles support us. With the Torqshift being such a long unit, over time the torsional flexing distorts the case, and the center support can sag and become displaced. The Torqshift relies on the center support to also apply fluid feed to the direct and forward clutches. When this distortion occurs, the fluid feed holes for direct and forward can become misaligned. This is especially true when towing heavy loads or under moderate to hard acceleration. This will also lead to premature failure and burnt clutches.
SunCoast has developed a new "No Walk" center support to correct this issue, which we include in this kit. We also go a step further with this and make a new Mag-Hytec pan standard to increase the rigidity of the case and reduce torsional flexing.
With this now being corrected the need for the direct solid modification is no longer needed. We originally created this modification before learning about the torsional effect.
The 'Wide Load" Direct Clutch
The direct clutch pack has been a problem child for some time now. With the center support now being corrected, we move your attention to the most problematic area of the 5R110, the direct clutch. In the 5R110 the direct clutch pack has been the topic of so many discussions. In the beginning we modified the direct clutch solenoid. We did this as a result of the fluid flow issues we were seeing, trying to compensate for what we would later find out was the center support walking. Today many companies still sell these altered solenoids to try to correct a direct clutch issue. We have alleviated this with our new no walk center support.
Moving forward the direct clutch pack is still one of the most abused clutch packs within the transmission. The direct clutch pack is constantly subjected to conditions that can prematurely wear. To alleviate this SunCoast has developed our new "wide load" direct clutch pack. These new clutches are not only made from our SunCoast SCZ carbon graphitic material but a larger wider clutch as well.
Making the clutch wider effectively increases the mean radius of a clutch, increasing the mean radius increases the torque capacity of said clutch. What this menaces the larger the mean effective radius, the more torque load capacity the friction plate can handle.
This new wider clutch is also combined with the new wider steel and new wider apply plate. This combination along with the new and improved "No Walk" center support make this the most loudly engineered kit on the market today.
The Input Shaft
The factory Ford input shaft is one of the smallest input shafts on the market today. It's lack of size makes for a sore subject with many of our customers after a simple programmer has proven to be too much. With factory wheels and tires this is a standard replacement for all of our builds. With larger wheels and tire combinations this becomes essential at stock horsepower/torque.
SunCoast uses a new billet input shaft that is heat treated and precision ground from 200 managing steel for maximum held strength. This shaft is a 100% drop in assembly.
This is our base recipe less new Ford "9C" transmission pump and all new solenoids that we use on every rebuild. The SunCoast rebuild kit is designed to give the end user an option to build a transmission the SunCoast way using our proven "SunCoast Recipe".
- 2010 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2010 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2010 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2010 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2010 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2010 Ford F-550 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2009 Ford F-550 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-550 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2007 Ford F-550 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2006 Ford F-550 Super Duty
- 2005 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2005 Ford E-350 Super Duty
- 2005 Ford E-450 Super Duty
- 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2004 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
- 2004 Ford E-350 Super Duty