LBZ / LMM Allison Category 2 600 HP Transmission Rebuild Kit w/Converter For GM Duramax - Core Included In Price GMAX-CAT2-LBZ/LMM-KIT
Part Number: GMAX-CAT2-LBZ/LMM-KIT
**Core Charge Included In Price**
600 HORSEPOWER LBZ/LMM 6-SPEED CATEGORY 2 SUNCOAST BASE REBUILD KIT WITH CONVERTER
Kit contains the following:
- SunCoast custom clutch packs
- SunCoast custom Steels
- SunCoast custom billet plates
- SunCoast custom overhaul kit
- Valve body calibration kit
- SunCoast gasket kit
- Pan Filter
- Spin on filter
- Pan gasket
- SunCoast Filter Loc
- Modified Sun Gear
- New internal wiring harness
- SunCoast Sleeved C2 Clutch Hub
- SunCoast Triple Disc Billet Category 1 Converter
- Billet SFI certified Flexplate
- Billet Input Shaft
The Category Kits
SunCoast Category kits offer our customer the same recipes as our in house builds that have been proven for years both at the track and on the road. Our Category 2 Allison rebuild kit offers the customer our 600 horsepower Allison rebuild. This rebuild kit includes everything you will need to build your Allison the same we we build here in house. This Allison rebuild kit also includes detailed instructions that will walk you through each step of the process
The SunCoast Category kits utilize the latest proven friction materials and steel technology from industry leading companies such as Alto and Raybestos. SunCoast works directly with these companies to design and manufacture proprietary SunCoast exclusive product lines, giving the end user uncompromised quality throughout the entire transmission.
SunCoast has designed these kits in house to exact specifications for many intents, including but not limited to towing, sled pulling, racing or simply having a vehicle to get from point A to point B.
Designed for light commercial vehicles in both on highway and public transport applications, Allison Transmission's 1000 and 2000 Series are rated up to 400 horsepower from the factory. Allison 5-speed transmission started in 2001 with GM equipped Duramax engines.
- SunCoast proprietary C1, C2, C3, and C4 Alto carbonite frictions/Rabestos SCZ frictions that contain no center slots. These frictions utilize a waffle pattern in the material to help retain oil helping the clutch cool when not applied.
- Redesigned apply pistons with improved rubber compounds proven to hold higher heat. This custom piston allows us to use a thicker spring apply plate which replaces the thin OEM one that will cone and cause uneven apply surface resulting in premature clutch failure.
- Custom SunCoast apply plate that redirects fluid to better lubricate frictions from the inside out which lubes the entire friction rather than OEM style that lubricates from the center out leaving the inner half of the clutch burnt.
- Includes exclusive smart trim / clutch control valve.
- Includes all items needed to modify the C2 clutch piston for increased clutch durability.
The Torque Converter
SunCoast Allison 1000 torque converters come in many varieties, from heavy hauling, sled pulling, drag racing, to daily driving. SunCoast designs and manufactures their torque converters in-house. Because of this, SunCoast can supply most any request in regards to stall or torque multiplication. All SunCoast triple disc converters are outfitted with a heavy duty forged billet steel cover and give an unbeatable lock up performance. Increased stall is usually needed in applications where a larger turbo or turbos have been installed and more RPM is required to get the turbo on boost while on the brakes (brake boosting).
All of the SunCoast Allison 1000 torque converters come standard with custom pump and turbine modifications (in house). SunCoast also Tig Welds each individual furnace brazed fin for improved reinforcement. The SunCoast Allison billet triple disc converter also comes standard with our proprietary trapezoidal clutch teeth.
These Suncoast Allison triple disc billet torque converters also features a billet apply piston that ensure zero deflection.
- Custom pump and turbine modifications (in house)
- Tig welding to reinforce furnace brazed fins
- Proprietary converter clutches with trapezoid clutch teeth (no round tabs)
- Forged billet cover strength (proprietary Raybestos converter)
- 3 year unlimited mileage warranty
This SunCoast Allison billet SFI certified billet flexplate replaces the factory flex plate with an improved billet steel one piece design. This eliminates the weak factory flex plate. This replacement Allsion flex plate is a must with the high torque in conjunction with a better designed torque converter that can transfer torque with no slip. The felxplate is bolted to the crankshaft and then the torque converter to the flex plate. This one piece billet flex plate is SFI certified to 29.3.
Note: A SFI certified flexplate is required on drag racing vehicles running 11.99 and quicker the 1/4 mile and 7.49 and quicker in the 1/8 mile, or any vehicle exceeding 135mph. In 2008 it was changed from the 29.1 SFI specification to the 29.3 specification for automatic transmissions for diesel applications. The new rules for the flex plate require that the material cannot be stamped metal as are many OEM flex plates.
The Input Shaft
The input shaft is the first thing to go south with the Allison transmission. This Allison billet input shaft is built to withstand everything you can throw at it. This new Allison billet input shaft is manufactured from 9310 Vacumelt steel which increases torsional fatigue strength by over 50%. The SunCoast Allison billet input shaft is machined with a larger radius at the turbine spline for added strength. This a must for vehicles that are lifted with larger wheels and tires, for heavy towing and hauling, and vehicles with aftermarket turbos.
Suncoast Sleeved C2 hub
The C2 hub is known for fracture on the Allison transmissions. The C2 hub is equipped with a billet steel 4140 sleeve. This billet sleeve reduces the likelihood of any failures up to 600 horsepower.
New internal wiring harness
Every build here at SunCoast reliability is our number one priority. Each one of our (Category) Allison rebuild kits comes with a new internal wiring harness. As the transmission continues to age, the plastic connectors become brittle and will break during disassembly. This often leaves builders scrambling around looking for a replacement last minute. This is a new GM harness with all new connectors.
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- 2010 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- 2010 GMC Sierra 3500 HD
- 2009 Chevrolet C4500 Kodiak
- 2009 Chevrolet C5500 Kodiak
- 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- 2009 GMC C4500 Topkick
- 2009 GMC C5500 Topkick
- 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- 2009 GMC Sierra 3500 HD
- 2008 Chevrolet C4500 Kodiak
- 2008 Chevrolet C5500 Kodiak
- 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- 2008 GMC C4500 Topkick
- 2008 GMC C5500 Topkick
- 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- 2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD
- 2007 Chevrolet C4500 Kodiak
- 2007 Chevrolet C5500 Kodiak
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Classic
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Classic
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- 2007 GMC C4500 Topkick
- 2007 GMC C5500 Topkick
- 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Classic
- 2007 GMC Sierra 3500 Classic
- 2007 GMC Sierra 3500 HD
- 2006 Chevrolet C4500 Kodiak
- 2006 Chevrolet C5500 Kodiak
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
- 2006 GMC C4500 Topkick
- 2006 GMC C5500 Topkick
- 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- 2006 GMC Sierra 3500